Previously worked at:
Slater Heelis LLP, Manchester
HRC Law LLP, Manchester
Manchester & Salford City Councils' Legal Services, Manchester
BPP Legal Advice Clinic, Manchester
Simpson Millar LLP, Manchester
Legal work experience
Simpson Millar LLP, Manchester | Jan 19 - Feb 19
▪ Working within General Personal Injury Legal Processing Unit (claim handling).
▪ Possessing a caseload of own clients.
▪ Using ProClaim Software to populate and submit claim forms to Defendant Party.
▪ Assisting with tackling with an immense backlog of pending Claim Notification Forms.
Private Client & Court of Protection Placement
Slater Heelis LLP, Manchester | Nov 18 - Nov 18
▪ Gaining a better insight into Court of Protection Laws and the Mental Capacity Act 2005.
▪ Familiarising with processes relating to Lasting Powers of Attorney, Deputyship, Assets and Estates.
▪ Examining mismanagement/misappropriation of finances by attorneys of incapacitated persons.
Litigation & Dispute Resolution Placement
HRC Law LLP, Manchester | Jun 18 - Jun 18
▪ Developing a better understanding of litigation processes and the various methods of dispute resolution.
▪ Researching relevant laws/precedents for a copyright infringement query and summarising findings.
▪ Working as a team to deal with other client cases in the context of employment/commercial property law.
Legal Vacation Scheme Student
Manchester & Salford City Councils' Legal Services, Manchester | Apr 18 - Apr 18
▪ Assisting Commercial Team with Intellectual Property queries, including ‘Manchester Bee’ Trademark.
▪ Drafting ‘Grant Funding Agreement’ and ‘School to Academy Transfer Agreement’.
▪ Dealing with queries within the Local Planning Authority department, including ‘Premises Change of Use’.
▪ Shadowing and working alongside local government lawyers, who provide high quality legal service, within a local government setting.
Pro Bono Assistant
BPP Legal Advice Clinic, Manchester | Oct 16 - Apr 17
▪ Assisting in the provision of free legal advice to members of the public (housing, family and civil litigation).
▪ Liaising directly with clients over the phone to collate and record all relevant specifics of their case.
▪ Co-ordinating with the Pro Bono Manager to allocate the clients to the Solicitors as appropriate.
Other work experience
Clinical Cardiology Honorary Observer
UCL Heart Hospital, London | Feb 14 - Aug 14
Clinical Cardiology Observer
Wockhardt Hospital, India | Dec 13 - Jan 14
Medical Writing Associate (Global Operations)
Ipsen Biopharm (UK) Limited, Berkshire | Sep 11 - Sep 12
Advisor to Director
East London Human Rights Commission (UK), London | Jun 09 - Jun 10
Surgery & Laboratory Shadower
Jai Gynaecology Hospital, India | Jul 08 - Aug 08
Race Equality in Tower Hamlets, London | May 02 - May 04
BPP University Law School, Manchester | Jan 17 - Aug 20
Non Legal education
MSc Cardiovascular Science
University College London (UCL) | Sep 13 - Sep 15
BSc Biomedical Sciences (Hons.) with Professional Experience
Brunel University, London | Sep 09 - Jul 13
Havering Sixth-Form College, Essex | Sep 06 - Sep 09
Stratford School Academy, London | Sep 01 - Jul 06