About Flex Legal
Who we are
Our purpose, mission & values
- How we focus on great relationships with clients, lawyers, paralegals and trainees.
- How we strive to build an inclusive, diverse and socially mobile community.
- How trust is earned by going the extra mile to deliver results.
We purposefully connect people to create an inclusive community where everybody thrives.
We appreciate trust is earned - the quality and effectiveness of our work ensures great outcomes for all of our partners.
We are forward-looking and progressive, constantly exploring and innovating to support tomorrow’s legal workforce.
How it began
The Flex Legal Story
2016 - Mary's vision
2016 - Mary meets software developer, James Moore
2019 - The launch of Flex lawyers
2021 - The creation of our groundbreaking SQE social mobility training scheme, Flex Trainee
2023 - Appointment of our new CEO, James Lewindon
2023 - Flex listed as only legal organisation on the Flexi-job Apprenticeship Register
Flex in stats
The journey so far
- 5,000+ paralegals
- 500+ lawyers
- 300+ law graduates helped to obtain training contracts
- 350+ clients
- 50 Flex Trainees placed with top in-house legal teams
Our commitment to ESG
- Our platform is unbelievably diverse, with lawyers, trainees, and paralegals from a huge range of social and academic backgrounds, not just Russell Group universities.
- We work directly with FTSE250 organisations to improve their diversity through our Flex Trainee scheme.
- We have ongoing partnerships and donations to leading social mobility charities, such as STRIVE and the Social Mobility Business Partnership.
- Our QWE Journal is entirely free to use - SRA-complaint, audit-proof, and the first tool of its kind to market.
- We run social-mobility initiatives all year round, including our Commercial Development Scheme, which has seen us welcome 40+ aspiring solicitors into our HQ team, and the yearly Diageo internship scheme.
- We run monthly networking events to facilitate junior industry connections, and produce instructional reports for senior industry figures to further increase inclusivity in their teams.
- And last, but not least, all of our Flex merch is entirely sustainable.