About Flex Legal
Who we are
Our purpose, mission & values
- How we focus on great relationships with clients, lawyers, paralegals and trainees.
- How we strive to build an inclusive, diverse and socially mobile community.
- How trust is earned by going the extra mile to deliver results.
We purposefully connect people to create an inclusive community where everybody thrives.
We appreciate trust is earned - the quality and effectiveness of our work ensures great outcomes for all of our partners.
We are forward-looking and progressive, constantly exploring and innovating to support tomorrow’s legal workforce.
How it began
The Flex Legal Story
2016 - Mary's vision
2016 - Mary meets software developer, James Moore
2019 - The launch of Flex lawyers
2021 - The creation of our groundbreaking SQE social mobility training scheme, Flex Trainee
2023 - Appointment of our new CEO, James Lewindon
2023 - Flex listed as only legal organisation on the Flexi-job Apprenticeship Register
2024 - Flex Legal acquired by Mishcon de Reya LLP
In January 2024, Flex Legal was acquired by the London-based international law firm, Mishcon de Reya. Flex will continue to operate entirely autonomously, and no immediate changes will take place to the services we provide or the work we do with our clients.
Flex Legal is Mishcon de Reya's first investment in the alternative legal services market, and Nick West and Neville Eisenberg of Mishcon have joined our board.
With the full might of Mishcon de Reya at our back, we intend to complete our mission to become the biggest and best alternative legal resourcing company out there, and enabling and inspiring the legal workforce of the future.
You can read more about the acquisition here.
Flex in stats
The journey so far
- 5,000+ paralegals
- 500+ lawyers
- 300+ law graduates helped to obtain training contracts
- 350+ clients
- 50 Flex Trainees placed with top in-house legal teams
Our commitment to ESG
- Our platform is unbelievably diverse, with lawyers, trainees, and paralegals from a huge range of social and academic backgrounds, not just Russell Group universities.
- We work directly with FTSE250 organisations to improve their diversity through our Flex Trainee scheme.
- We have ongoing partnerships and donations to leading social mobility charities, such as STRIVE and the Social Mobility Business Partnership.
- Our QWE Journal is entirely free to use - SRA-complaint, audit-proof, and the first tool of its kind to market.
- We run social-mobility initiatives all year round, including our Commercial Development Scheme, which has seen us welcome 40+ aspiring solicitors into our HQ team, and the yearly Diageo internship scheme.
- We run monthly networking events to facilitate junior industry connections, and produce instructional reports for senior industry figures to further increase inclusivity in their teams.
- And last, but not least, all of our Flex merch is entirely sustainable.