July 14 2022
Paralegal Spotlight: Jack Enright
Hi Jack! Could you please introduce yourself and tell us a bit about your background?Hi, I’m Jack. I’m from Leeds, and I studied Law at the University of Liverpool. I graduated in 2020, and have been working in other sectors until my assignment with Flex.
How did you first become interested in working in law?I was fairly certain that I wanted to work in law when I applied to university. I then had the opportunity to take part in experiential learning at the Liverpool Law Clinic and at Citizens Advice. The experiences were really formative, and confirmed that I wanted to work in law. I realised that I really liked being able to offer people advice and solutions, and that this was something I could enjoy - and potentially be good at!
Could you tell us about your experience of working through Flex Legal?Flex has been great for me at this point in my career. I was working at a non-legal job when Flex got in touch with an assignment. The assignment sounded really interesting, but didn’t completely fit with my current commitments. They were really helpful in explaining my position to the firm and they facilitated a solution which worked for all parties.
“Flex has been great for me at this point in my career. They were really helpful in explaining my position around other commitments to the firm and they facilitated a solution which worked for all parties.”
- Jack Enright, Flex Paralegal
Where are you currently working?I am currently working at Provenio Litigation, Provenio are a boutique firm specialising in high value and complex business litigation based in Liverpool. At the minute I’m mainly focussing on group litigation work. The work I do is varied and has included liaising with clients, drafting documents, and producing research notes for partners and supervisors.
What have you found most interesting about your recent role?What I’ve found most interesting is being exposed to decision making and business planning. It’s really useful to be able to see how the work that I am doing fits within the bigger picture.
“It’s cliche, but honestly being open to new areas is so important. I didn’t see myself enjoying commercial work, but now I’m converted.”
- Jack Enright, Flex Paralegal
What advice would you give to those looking to get into paralegal work?It’s cliche, but honestly being open to new areas is so important. I didn’t see myself enjoying commercial work, but now I’m converted - and it’s definitely changed how I’m feeling about future plans.
- Hire now - want to take on some top quality interim legal professionals like Jack? Check out our ‘hire’ page today to find the paralegals and lawyers you need.
- How we've supported Emerald Publishing with interim lawyers - perhaps Jack’s experiences have got you wondering what interim legal resourcing could do for your team? Take a look at this case study, where we break down how we supported Emerald Publishing with interim lawyers.
- Apply to be a Flex Paralegal - interested in what the world of interim paralegal work could look like for you? Well look no further! Click here to learn more, and perhaps even apply!