Why Flex Legal
Working as an Interim Paralegal
Paralegals play an incredibly important role supporting barristers and solicitors. Despite the essential role they play, law graduates are routinely challenged by traditional routes into law firms, in-house legal teams, barrister chambers, and courts. Getting this paralegal experience is essential to any legal career - especially when pursuing training contracts.
We know firsthand that many law graduates are hungry for paralegal experience, which is why we’re committed to connecting talented people to flexible, short-term paralegal roles that suit them. We’ve already helped place thousands of paralegals into roles that have boosted their careers - and are proud to have helped over 300+ paralegals secure training contracts. There's plenty of reasons for you to consider signing up to be a Flex paralegal:
- Get paid work experience in legal settings
- Try out different different types of legal teams
- Experience different areas of law
- Raise your profile in the industry
- No need to do hundreds of applications - we find the placements for you
- Possibility of permanent job offers with clients
Who we work with:
Why Flex for paralegals
What does a paralegal do?
Paralegals are trained in legal matters, but have not yet fully qualified as a lawyer. They play a crucial supporting role in almost all legal settings, and can work within law firms, in-house legal teams, barrister chambers, and courts.
There's a huge variety of tasks paralegals complete, but some frequent areas include:
- Prepare bundles
- Review contracts
- Draft terms and conditions
- Translate legal documents
- Review documents for disclosure
- Process subject access requests
- Legal research
Working through Flex Legal
We make it easy
The working world is changing. We believe the future of work is flexible, and lies in smart life \ work choices. We built our award-winning tech platform from the ground-up with this in mind. We want it to be easier than ever to access the opportunities you want. Here's what our platform offers you:
- Your own customisable profile and video viewable to prospective employers
- Digital availability calendar you control
- Digitised contracts and agreements
- Right to work document upload and storage
- Text and email notifications for new roles
- Skill matching with roles
- Digital timesheets
- Digital SQE qualifying work experience journal
Join our monthly learning and development lunch for junior lawyers, trainees and paralegals!
Join the Flex Legal monthly lunch and learn for networking, career top tips and fun. In collaboration with LexisNexis and Crafty Counsel.